The Administration Division of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is based in Brussels and provides internal services and support to the whole Organisation. The Director of Administration is responsible for the services of Finance, Human Resources, IT and Logistics, in accordance with the organisation’s strategy and goals.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 15 staff members and have the overall responsibility for the internal administrative services provided to the Secretariat. S/he will have a transversal role providing support to the five operational Divisions located in Geneva, Brussels, and Luxembourg, as well as to the Financial Mechanism Office of the EEA EFTA States in Brussels and therefore travels to all duty stations.
The function of Director of Administration at EFTA involves:
- Leadership and support of the different heads of teams (Finance, HR, IT) and co-ordination of all services;
- Internal Financial control and reporting to EFTA Senior Management and Member States;
- Assisting EFTA Senior Management in their decisions regarding personnel policies, staffing and financial planning and other strategic decisions;
- Representing the management towards the staff committee of the EFTA Secretariat for the current business;
- Extensive contacts with the Member States, other EFTA Organisations and the relevant authorities
Applicants must apply via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: http://jobs.efta.int/
Deadline for applications: 17 January 2020.